- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Biotronik or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
US Residents Only
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features/registers on the Website, any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you (“Anonymous Data”); or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of using or registering to use our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information is used to analyze overall trends, to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website; and
- Guarantee our Websites security and continued proper functioning
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons.Pages on our Website and our e-mail communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Biotronik, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). Such technologies are used to operate and improve our websites and email communications.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your Personal Information and Anonymous Data:
- To perform our contract with you and to fulfill our obligation under the applicable Terms of Service by presenting our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- To promote the safety and security of our systems and applications used for our Website and in protecting our rights and the rights of others;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your prior consent.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your dataor you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Information by excluding information that made the data personally identifiable to you in accordance with applicable privacy laws. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve our Website navigation. Biotronik reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for other purposes and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its discretion.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including but not limited to, contracted service provide who provide IT and system administration and hosting service, research and analytics, customer support and data enrichment services;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Biotronik’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Biotronik, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Biotronik, our customers, or others.
How Long Do we Keep Your Personal Information
We may retain your Personal Information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection (see the “How We Use Your Information” section, above). We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information on the basis of the amount, nature and sensitivity of your Personal Information processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Information will be deleted. If there is any data that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such data.
Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Information
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Information, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws these rights may include:
- To access your Personal Information held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Information and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Information, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Information, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Information, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your Personal Information to another third party, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your Personal Information carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection; and
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Information on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Biotronik.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Biotronik to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change Personal Information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Personal Information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Third Party Websites
Our provision of a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. When you click on such a link, you will leave our site and for to another sire. During this process, a third party may collect Personal Information or Anonymous Data from you.
[email protected]. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy.